MS-CIT is an Information Technology (IT) literacy course started by MKCL in the year 2001. It is the most popular IT Literacy course in Maharashtra.
In 21st Century, most of the new actionable knowledge is being digitally born (often through digital collaborations), digitally stored, digitally presented, digitally distributed, digitally accessed, digitally archived and managed. It only seems natural that it has become an essential part of one’s personal, professional and social life. It has also transformed the way of living in 21st Century.
MS-CIT attempts to propagate it through IT Awareness, Literacy, Functionality and Applicability among the common people with a view to bridge the Digital Divide and the resultant Knowledge Divide and Development Opportunity Divide.
This surely makes a positive impact on one’s job-readiness, social behavior and ultimately boosts the self-confidence, enabling him/her to work effectively in the 21st Century workplace.
This Course Comprises of:
- eLearning based self-learning sessions through MKCL’s eLearning Revolution for All (ERA)
- Hands-on practice sessions
- Learning facilitation by certified professionals.
- Academic interactions, assessments, and collaboration
- Reading and understanding a highly illustrated book
After completing this course, the learners will emerge as confident and versatile users of Information Technology.
This course offers the following modules:
· * Basic IT Awareness
* Smart Typing Skills
* Scripting Skills
* Ergonomics & Go Green
* 21st Century Office Skills
* 21st Century Daily Life Skills
* 21st Century Study Skills
* 21st Century Citizenship Skills
* Netiquettes & Cyber Security Skills
For Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) Region:
Total Fee (Rupees)
50 (1 Hour per Day)
50 (1 Hour per Day)
Extra Lab Practice
Extra Classroom Practice
Topics for MS-CIT 2018 Final Examination
Internet, The Web and Electronic Commerce
MS-Word 2013 OR Open Office.org Writer
The System Unit
MS-Excel 2013 OR Open Office.org Calc
Input and Output
MS-PowerPoint 2013 OR Open Office.org Impress
Internet Explorer 7.0 OR Mozilla
MS-Outlook 2013 OR Mozilla Mail
1. Duration of Exam: 60 minutes (1 Hour)
2. Total Questions: 50, Total Marks: 50
3. Marks per Question: 1
4. All the questions in the examination are divided into 3 levels.
· Level 1 = Low difficulty level
· Level 2 = Medium difficulty level
· Level 3 = High difficulty level
5. Exam Pattern: Level wise distribution of questions and Marks
No. of questions
Marks per question
Re-Exam fees: Rs. 355/-
· Please note that in the case of failure or absenteeism in the first available final online exam attempt, Learner can appear for re-examination for next two consecutive available exam events by paying requisite fees. If Learner remains absent or fails in these two attempts, s/he will have to register afresh again by paying full Course Fees.