KLiC Certificate Course in Desktop Publishing (with CorelDRAW)
Desktop publishing refers to the design and production of publications using personal computers with graphics capability. Desktop Publishers create a number of materials, such as brochures, magazines, newspapers and books with the help of computer software programs. They are responsible for the entire implementation and design process from start to finish. Employers of DTP operators include printing, publishing, graphic design and advertising companies.
CorelDRAW is the first Graphics Suite with combined vector graphics software, Photo Paint program, font manager, and other common features found in all of the versions. It is more preferred for DTP designing. We will learn in the form of assignments, so that it will be easier for you to get hands-on with the tools, and be ready to step into your desired career!
Why take admission?
Most Desktop publishers work in the publishing and printing industries. Others have jobs in in-house printing departments of advertising and public relations firms. Those who are more artistic and who have furthered their education may find opportunities in graphic design or commercial art.
Careers in desktop publishing range from web publication designers, layout artists, compositors, typographers, electronic publishing specialists and prepress technicians, DTP operators, and image design specialists.
Certification and Important Dates
- This course is certified by Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU).
- The YCMOU Mark Sheet will be given to learners under Maharashtra jurisdiction only.
- For the learners outside Maharashtra, the YCMOU Mark Sheet will not be provided. Learners outside Maharashtra will only be entitled for MKCL’s Expert Certificate Only.
- Batch Commencement: One batch in each calendar month (January to December)
- Date(s) of Application and Fee Payment by Learner: 1st– 30th day of each calendar month
- Date(s) of Learner Confirmation by ALC: 1st– 30th day of each calendar month
- Course Start Date and Date of Issuing Learner Login: Date of admission confirmation
Skills: Working Place, Customizing, Image and Color Modifications, Case Study – Black & White to Color, Using the Brush and Paint, working with Selections, Scaling, Knowing the Layers, Filter Gallery, Color Adjustments
Outputs: Photo Manipulation, Photo Collage, Poster Design, Wedding Card
Skills: Understanding the Color Palette, working with the Objects, Understanding other controls (Layers and Tables)
Outputs: Visiting Card, Sticker, Letterhead with Logo, Wedding Card, Flex Banner, Flyer with Coupon, Brochure
Evaluation Pattern of KLiC Courses consists of 4 Sections as per below table:
Minimum Passing Marks
Final Online Examination
SUPWs (Socially Useful and Productive Work in form of Assignments)
2 Assignments to be Completed & Uploaded
YCMOU Mark Sheet: Printed Mark Sheet will be issued by YCMOU on successful completion of Section 1, Section 2 and Section 3 and will be delivered to the learner by MKCL.
YCMOU Mark Sheet will be available only for Maharashtra jurisdiction learners
MKCL’s KLiC Certificate will be provided to the learner who will satisfy the below criteria:
- Learners who have successfully completed above mentioned 3 Sections i.e. Section 1, Section 2 and Section 3
- Additionally, learner should have completed Section 4 (e. Section 4will comprise of SUPWs i.e. Socially Useful and Productive Work in form of Assignments)
- Learner has to complete and upload minimum 2 out of 5 Assignments