KLiC Certificate in Content Illustration
This course will lay the foundation for further courses in Digital Arts and will help the Learner choose a career path as an Illustrator.
At the end of the course, the Learner will gain competencies to appear for International Certification: Adobe Certified Expert – Illustrator
Certification and Important Dates
- This course is certified by Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU).
- The YCMOU Mark Sheet will be given to learners under Maharashtra jurisdiction only.
- For the learners outside Maharashtra, the YCMOU Mark Sheet will not be provided. Learners outside Maharashtra will only be entitled for MKCL’s Expert Certificate Only.
- Batch Commencement: One batch in each calendar month (January to December)
- Date(s) of Application and Fee Payment by Learner: 1st– 30th day of each calendar month
- Date(s) of Learner Confirmation by ALC: 1st– 30th day of each calendar month
- Course Start Date and Date of Issuing Learner Login: Date of admission confirmation
The Academic Approach of the course focuses on the “work centric” education i.e. begin with work (and not from a book !), derive knowledge from work and apply that knowledge to make the work more wholesome, useful and delightful. The ultimate objective is to empower the Learner to engage in socially useful and productive work. It aims at leading the learner to his/her rewarding career as well as development of the society.
- Learners are given an overview of the course and its connection to life and work.
- Learners are then exposed to the specific tool(s) used in the course through the various real-life applications of the tool(s).
- Learners are then acquainted with the careers and the hierarchy of roles they can perform at workplaces after attaining increasing levels of mastery over the tool(s).
- Learners are then acquainted with the architecture of the tool or Tool Map so as to appreciate various parts of the tool, their functions and their inter-relations.
- Learners are then exposed to simple application development methodology by using the tool at the beginner’s level
- Learners then perform the differential skills related to the use of the tool to improve the given ready-made outputs.
- Learners are then engaged in appreciation of real-life case studies developed by the experts.
- Learners are then encouraged to proceed from appreciation to imitation of the experts.
- After imitation experience, they are required to improve the expert’s outputs so that they proceed from mere imitation to emulation.
- Finally, they develop the integral skills involving optimal methods and best practices to produce useful outputs right from scratch, publish them in their ePortfolio and thereby proceed from emulation to self-expression.
KLiC Content Illustration
Basics of Illustrator CS4
- Basics of Illustrator CS4
- The Working Place
- Layer And Layer Options
- Pen, Pencils and Paths
- Using the Brush and Paint
- Specialized Tools
- Getting Creative with Types
- Using the Symbols
- Designing Graphics
- Effects and Filters
- Playing With Palettes
- Select, View and Object
- Web and Devices
- 120 Hours to be covered in either 2 months (8 weeks) or 3 months (12 weeks).
Days per Week
Hours per Day
2 Month Part Time
2 Month Part Time
3 Month Part Time
For Maharashtra Jurisdiction: The medium of instruction is English and Marathi
Evaluation Pattern of KLiC Courses consists of 4 Sections as per below table:
Minimum Passing Marks
Final Online Examination
SUPWs (Socially Useful and Productive Work in form of Assignments)
2 Assignments to be Completed & Uploaded
YCMOU Mark Sheet: Printed Mark Sheet will be issued by YCMOU on successful completion of Section 1, Section 2 and Section 3 and will be delivered to the learner by MKCL.
YCMOU Mark Sheet will be available only for Maharashtra jurisdiction learners
MKCL’s KLiC Certificate will be provided to the learner who will satisfy the below criteria:
- Learners who have successfully completed above mentioned 3 Sections i.e. Section 1, Section 2 and Section 3
- Additionally, learner should have completed Section 4 (e. Section 4will comprise of SUPWs i.e. Socially Useful and Productive Work in form of Assignments)
- Learner has to complete and upload minimum 2 out of 5 Assignments
- Revised KLiC Fees: (Applicable from January 2018 Batch onwards)
- For Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) Region:
Total Fee (Rupees)
1st Installment (Rupees)
2nd Installment (Rupees)
- * Total fee is including of Course fees, Examination fees and Certification fees